When I began to collect funny and strange things about the Muppets, I kept coming across more and more Star Wars tie-ins. So many, that I feel they deserve their own post.
The links between Star Wars and The Muppets are varied and plentiful. I like the sound of that! Lets all say it together... “varied and plentiful.” I’ll have to remember that and use it again. Both Star Wars and The Muppets are popular with kids, who still like both when they reach adulthood. Both use funny-looking creatures. Both employ Frank Oz. Both have a lucrative toy marketing franchise. And then there’s Jar Jar Binks, which makes you think of a Muppet, but none of the Muppet people will claim him. They will be glad to claim Chewbacca.
In 1980, Mark Hamill guest starred on The Muppet Show. Therefore, all the other Star Wars characters had to make an appearance. I found a synopsis of this lunacy. More images here. And a scene right here!
Then we heard that Frank Oz, muppeteer extraordinaire, second only to Jim Henson on the creative side of the muppets, was going to do a character in the second Star Wars film (episode 5 for you young ‘uns) named Yoda.
Which muppet character would it be? They had screen tests to see who would make the cut.
A song to set the mood: The Star Wars Cantina.
Sesame Street, the Star Wars episode.
C3PO meets Big Bird.
C3PO meets Kermit.
Gonzo’s recurring character Dearth Nadir.
Darth and Elmo.
In 1999, the muppets did their own space movie, Muppets from Space.
Which was a natural progression from the earlier skit Pigs in Space.
Lyrics to Y.O.D.A. (to the tune of Y.M.C.A.)
The Top 12 Things Uttered by Yoda During Sex
12. "Ahhh! Yoda's little friend you seek!"
11. "Urm. Put a shield on my saber I must."
10. "Feel the force!"
9. "Foreplay, cuddling - a Jedi craves not these things."
8. "Down here, I am. Find a ladder, I must!"
7. "Do me or do me not - there is no try."
6. "Early must I rise. Leave now you must!"
5. "You know, this would be a lot more fun without Frank
Oz's hand up my ass."
4. "Happens to every guy sometimes this does."
3. "When 900 years old you get, Viagra you need too, hmmmm?"
2. "Ow, ow, OW! On my ear you are!"
1. "Who's your Jedi master? WHO'S your Jedi Master?"
Thought for today: May the farce be with you.
PS A big congratulations to Joel and family on the arrival of their newest daughter Mona, born Thursday April 6th. Boy howdy, thats almost a week ago and I'm just now discovering it? Blame it on Blogger, since I once again cannot load blogspot.com sites. Including this one.
humor jokes video funny muppet Star Wars Yoda puppet