Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool


Beware opening any doors, boxes, or attachments today! If a news story looks a little strange, its possibly not true. Be aware that when you turn a corner, you may see things that aren’t right. Take a small dose of cynicism before you answer the phone. And keep your shoes tied!

April first is a day you have to give a pass on lying. You don’t HAVE to, but people are going to lie to you one way or another today. My kids will tell me the awfulest tales and expect me to fall for it. It really doesn’t matter if I do or if I don’t; they will laugh laugh laugh at themselves and their “cleverness”, whether its funny or not.

The History and Origins of April Fool’s Day.

Where to find this year's April Fools Day hoaxes. If you run across something too odd, check with this list. It will be expanded throughout the day, no doubt. Christopher Walken is going to be busy.

100 greatest April Fools pranks.

The Prank Institute has some April Fool’s Day suggestions.

Wired News posted their list of the Ten Best Internet Spoofs.

One of my favorites from last year, UN votes to Shut Down the Internet.

The Lenovo tapes. Real or April Fool? You decide.

Send your friends a link to this “ultimate personality test”, perfect for April Fools Day!

Blog of the day: Prank-A-Day.

Thing in a jar.

Why you shouldn’t send sabotage links.

“New” April Fools pranks.

Karen’s practical jokes and April Fool’s pranks Volume One.

Karen’s practical jokes and April Fool’s pranks Volume Two.

For the second year in a row, Thad's friends planned a prank to make him think he won the lottery. They taped a previous night's lottery drawing and then bought a lottery ticket to match those winning numbers. They had him buy his own lottery tickets, then they swapped it out with the fake ticket. They played the pre-recorded drawing as Thad checked his numbers. If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to win the lottery, this gives you a pretty good idea... Not safe for work or kids due to audio.



There’s even a tribute song about the episode, We F'in Won. Priceless.

A whole bunch of wonderful pranks from Improv Everywhere.

The first of April, some do say,
Is set apart for All Fool's Day.
But why the people call it so
Nor I nor they themselves do know.
But on this day are people sent
On purpose for pure merriment.

Thought for today: Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

P.S. I don’t expect you to believe me, considering the date, but tonight is the night you set your clocks forward one hour to begin Daylight Savings Time. This is not an April Fool. Really. Honestly. Would I lie to you?


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to stay undercover until after noon on April 1st. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok.. I am simply.. Simply Coll that is... my finger slipped and hit the enter button :-)

Bar L. said...

Thanks for the warning! I already read something this morning and thought it was real...DUH!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

More good stuff, Missy. Thanks for the "warning."

(I meant about the clocks, silly.)

Matt said...

I know, but I have nothing interesting to write about lately, but I will find something soon with a long entry.

I might repost something I have stored away from a while ago.

Havril said...

Entertaining and devilishly informative, as usual. I especially like the prank-a-day link. Me thinks my coworkers are going to get some mustard & bbq cadbury eggs for easter.

The Radical Notion said...

Interesting post. I've never cared much for April Fools Day. I don't like practical jokes. They tend to tick me off. Although whoopie cushions crack me up.

Doug Bagley said...

Happy April Fools Day to you too!

Peter said...

Well we survived another April Fools Day with no visible scars, that's gotta be good.