Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Miss Cellania's Links

Too Much Time On My Hands: Why Do We Have Leap Years? It's not just because February is too short!

I Went to the Pre-Oscar Celebrity Gifting Suites and All I Got Was This Sense of Disgust. I read the entire article only after one of its subjects got all mad about it.

A recipe for ice cubes. Be sure to check the reviews.

How I Found the Human Being Behind Horse_ebooks, The Internet’s Favorite Spambot.

I Was a Warehouse Wage Slave. Welcome to your entry-level, non-union job with no benefits that will only last until your health gives out, or until we find someone who will do it for less money.

The Artistifier is a generator that takes any YouTube video and makes it into a black-and-white silent film with period music. You can add your own titles and captions, too! I made one using my own video, but I think the film generated by the Presurfer is a much better example. (via the Presurfer)

Finland's hot new sport is lawn mower racing -on ice! A race means three hours of trying to stay on the track.

The 26 Happiest Animals In The World. And altogether, they can make you pretty happy, too!

How far can you throw a paper airplane, inside, without any wind help? Former quarterback Joe Ayob sent one over 226 feet, a new world record.

What Your Desk Toys Say About You. I don't have toys on my desk, because the cats would just eat them.

Should business students pay more tuition than philosophy majors? Sure, a business degree is worth more in the long run, but some students will only be able to afford philosophy.

No comments: