Sunday, February 05, 2012

Some Changes are Coming

You may have noticed that the look of this site -and even the name- has changed. See, I am in the process of combining my two blogs, Miss Cellania and Miss C Recommends, into one in the near future, with all the archived content going back to 2005 in one place. I will redirect the domain www.misscellania.com to this site, so longtime readers can find it.

The change is so that I can go back to blogging for fun without having to worry about pageviews, statistics, and ad revenue to cover the expenses of blogging. Here at blogspot, I will post only the best of what I find, without worrying about how many posts per day, or whether there's something new every three hours, or whatever. The main reason I left Blogspot in the first place back in 2006 was over technical difficulties, and when they were fixed I stayed with Squarespace because Blogspot was difficult to work with. But the overhaul they've done here makes linking and editing a thousand times easier than it was a few years ago.

See, I also have two full time blogging jobs. I am the managing editor at Neatorama and a writer a mental_floss. After my duties there, my free time is limited. So I have decided that my personal blog should be a hobby and not a moneymaking obligation. This plan will work out better in the long run, I think. A longer version of this explanation can be found here.

It will be a few days at least before all this is done. Be prepared for some broken links in the older posts after the Squarespace site goes down... those may or may not be fixed eventually, but I'll work on them a little at a time.

No comments: