Friday, September 08, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

Chasing Black Caesar, Southern Florida’s Notorious Pirate. The more recent history behind the founding of Biscayne National Park is an even better story.

How a conservative, gun-toting doctor defended abortion access in Appalachia. (via Digg

What Are Ultra-Processed Foods, and How to Avoid Them.

Nearly 90% of the military’s general and flag officers could be ensnared in Alabama Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s ongoing nominations fight by the end of the year. (via Fark)

14 things you might not know about Little Debbie snack cakes. Like what inspired the origin of your favorite.

The Problem With The Boxcar Children Is They Never Got To Spend Enough Time In The Boxcar. (via Metafilter)

14 Facts About Salvador Dalì’s The Persistence Of Memory.

30 Weird Personal Facts About American Presidents.

A blast from the past (2015): 10 Glorious Facts About Sunflowers.


3 comments:

gwdMaine said...

I'm trying to reconcile my love for Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies with the apparent need to avoid ultra-processed foods. Can't do it, not gonna happen. Everyone knows Little Debbie is the Hostess with the mostest.

Happy Friday Miss C!

Miss Cellania said...

I've chosen the moderate path. I will not turn down an oatmeal pie if someone offers me one, but I no longer buy them by the dozen. I might get an individual one for a road trip.

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!

Bicycle Bill said...

Are you sure you're not the sister I never knew I had, Miss C?  
 
I love those little buggers too, and I still buy them by the box... although I've finally been able to convince myself that one box does not equal one serving.

-"BB"-