Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Barbie's Honest Trailer



If you haven't seen Barbie yet (and there are a few of us), here's your chance to get an extended look and critique of the movie. Oh, and you won't want to miss the Quentin Tarantino part. Screen Junkies pronounces it a showcase of ad placement, not just for Barbie but also for Chevrolet and other consumer products. Plus, it's deeply feminist, implausible, and juvenile. But who cares about all that? It's really funny, which covers all other sins. But they find plenty of other good things to say about Barbie, so it's no wonder that the movie has made $1.4 billion already, the most of any 2023 movie so far.

1 comment:

WilliamRocket said...

I felt sick trying to watch this.
I would probably die if I was forced to watch the actual movie.

I have daughters, I spent massive amounts of money buying them Barbies and Cindys and whatever the other ones were called.

But those daughters grew up, moved on from dolls.
What sort of person goes to see a movie about childhood dolls coming to life ?

OK, Chucky was different, that was a great movie (my memory fades to dark) ... and I understand there is now a more modern version ? (citation needed)