Friday, February 02, 2024

Miss Cellania's Links

Thomas Steeles unearths the origins of the world’s most hated font, Comic Sans. (via Kottke)

27 DNA Test Horror Stories.

Everything We Know About Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. It's a lot.  

Historians explain the 14th Amendment to the Supreme Court. Skip to page 11 for the good stuff.

An Honest Trailer for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Prisoners in the US are part of a hidden workforce linked to hundreds of popular food brands. (via Damn Interesting)

Missouri Home for Sale is More Than Meets the Eye. There is 10,007 square feet of living space in the structure, all of it underground.

Stolen by Mobsters 54 Years Ago, This 18th-Century Painting Was Just Returned to Its Rightful Owners.

Susan Ahn Cuddy: A life of Public Service and Barrier Breaking.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could I live in a bunker underground with no windows? Yes. In Missouri? Uh, no.

gwdMaine said...

I used to think my life was Times New Roman, but then one day I realized it's actually Comic Sans. So I've come to appreciate it as after all, it's a well rounded font. Seriously, One of the best passive aggressive notes I once came across had some instructions/information posted on a wall and typed out in Comic Sans. Someone had added a sticky note: "We're a Fortune 500 Company, please don't use Comic Sans."

Happy Friday Miss C!

Anonymous said...

Why is Comic Sans so hated?

Miss Cellania said...

The article at the link explains why Comic Sans is so hated.

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!

Anonymous said...

Comic sans is easy to read even after you have the massage it to fit limited space. It can be snuggled into rounded corners where most fonts fear to tread. I'm guessing some people declared they didn't like it(people who could only draw straight lines but not curves)and it generated a lot of me-too just to be part of a group... any group.
For the life of me I can't understand the awe of Georgia font, it can't be read in small size because the letters visually blend into each other and the numbers are messy.

I seen an awful lot of stories about guys going to agricultural jails in the south for a parking ticket, or spitting on the sidewalk, and spending 50 years inside with punishment add ons.
xoxoxoBruce

Anonymous said...

Give me Wingdings or give me death!

Bicycle Bill said...

If you think I'm going to object to prisoners having to do something constructive, like farm work, while in jail instead of just lounging around watching TV in the day room or hitting the weight room, you're whistling 'Dixie'.

-"BB"-