Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Miss Cellania's Links

King Charles' Electric Jaguar is Up for Auction. 

USDA Approves Sale Of Glowing Bioluminescent ‘Firefly’ Petunias Infused With Mushroom DNA.

An Ancient Human Story About The Seven Sisters May Have Survived From 100000 BCE. (via Strange Company)

Late Night with the Devil Goes Back to Halloween 1977.

The 10 Biggest Threats to the World in 2024. In a 33-minute video. (via Nag on the Lake)

For Hundreds of Years, People Thought California Was an Island. The post has 18 maps made between the 16th and 19th centuries, 17 of which show California as an island.

A Tiny Glass Apartment in Tokyo is Cute But Terrifying.

The Best and Worst Fictional Presidents in Film and TV

Leap Year Marriage Proposals that Turned Tradition on Its Head. (via Strange Company)

6 comments:

Lilylou said...

Miss Cellaina? typo in the COW 73 pic. Sorry to nitpick.

Miss Cellania said...

I didn't make the graphic, so a little down and dirty editing now leaves it worse than ever. But my name is spelled right!

gwdMaine said...

I spend a lot of time puttering in the "garden" - I have around 8 or 9 scattered around the property. I always fill-in here and there with annuals, but at $29 a pop + shipping for a petunia, it would have to do much more than glow in the dark before I gave it a try. That's way more than the hardy perennials I already have and rivals the value of a decent Rhodo, Viburnum, or Azalea. It'll be interesting to see if they catch on.

WilliamRocket said...

A glowing report on the petunias ... but this writer still worries that tinkering with DNA may result in the rise of the plants ... and if you think zombies and Martians (ark, ark) are scary, remember the bloody triffids.

Roving gangs of potted petunias menacing people with their pots, their roots tripping us up at every crosswalk AND THE SUN HOT GLOW FROM THEIR BIO-LUMINANCE burning both of each of our retinas ... I tell ya, you just don't know where it will end.

FENCE OFF your potted plants now, especially the creepers.

To think some people used to sing to them.
They'll be humming a different tune now I bet.

WilliamRocket said...

Just spent the best prt of an hour looking for the typo.

From where I stand I can't see those Seven, or Six, Sisters.

It is hard to express in polite and acceptable words, my feelings on anything to do with the British royalty, so let it suffice at this point that I will label them all leeches.
Not Princess Kate, I think she is lovely ... if perhaps a gold digger.

A 33 minute video is too cumbersome for me over morning cappuccini ... I'll let my imagination wander over all the possible scenarios.
Unless 'someone' could do a bullet point list ???

Miss Cellania said...

WilliamRocket, I fixed the typo, but it shouldn't take an hour to see where it once was.

There is a bullet point list linked in the article, but I looked it up for you. https://www.eurasiagroup.net/issues/top-risks-2024