Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Goober Peas



Burl Ives and Johnny Cash perform "Goober Peas" on some TV show, but neither the show nor the year is identified. I recall singing this song when I was a kid, but I never learned all the verses. (via Weird Universe

Update: I see the video was yanked while I wasn't paying attention. Then here comes gwdMaine to the rescue! The replacement video above is from The Johnny Cash Show in 1970. Ives sings "A Little Bitty Tear" and then Cash joins him for "O Mary Don't You Weep," and they sing "Goober Peas" at about 4:30. 

4 comments:

gwdMaine said...

Johnny Cash had his own show back in the day. Burl Ives made a couple of appearances in 1970.

Burl Ives & Johnny Cash

Goober Peas starts at 4:20 (appropriate!}

Anonymous said...

Video has been made private.

Bicycle Bill said...

I never realized Burl Ives was that big a man.  He makes that guitar look like a ukelele.

-"BB"-

Anonymous said...

For a giggle turn on the closed caption while they sing of Goober Peas.
xoxoxoBruce