Monday, January 17, 2022

Miss Cellania's Links

What an Underwater Volcanic Eruption Looks Like.

The 50 Most Favored Fast Food Chains in America. This list ranks fast food not by sales, but by what people think of the chains. (via Digg)

The Crazy Story of Atari's First World Championship. It's actually several stories of that weekend's shenanigans. (via Damn Interesting)

A Classic Crime of Passion, with a Twist. Read about the Wilkerson murder case at Murder by Gaslight.  (via Strange Company)

A Lovely Ball Machine Plays the Theme from Spirited Away.

The Sicilian Castle from The Godfather III Can Be Yours.

Turns Out Schrödinger, the Father of Quantum Physics, Was a Pedophile. (via Damn Interesting

Polar Bears Find a Cozy Home. (via Fark)

Unwanted Pregnancies in the Middle Ages. They had plenty of prescriptions that didn't work. (via Strange Company)

A blast from the past (2014): They Were Who They Weren’t: 6 Audacious Impostors.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, that bastard Schrodinger.

WilliamRocket said...

Maybe so, Debra SWS, but if we are going to use the label maker or blackboard duster on people who have 'taken a fancy' to young girls we are going to need a lot of label tape and dusters.
Top of my head there is Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and Woody Allen.
A bit of research will shake far more bed bugs out.

Perhaps times were different then, but I am not sure of that, when my daughters were young teenagers they had friends that chose to dress and act different than my girls, and some of my friends back then had to have a stern talking to about where their eyes were resting.

Seems to me if you look at it from an animal point of view, and remember that is what we are, then you see nature ensuring the continuation of the species.
The reason men are attracted to young, nubile women is basically chemically driven.
I don't offer this as an excuse for anyone's behaviour, ... I appreciate the beauty of a girl or woman as much as anyone does, but I know society's rules, I know what is the right way to behave, but if one felt special, either through mental agility or a musical talent, one may not feel the rules apply - look at any one with power, Trump comes to mind, did he ever worry about his actions having consequences ?
Anyone I saw abusing any woman in any way would suffer at my hand, ... orange comb over, small hands and 6'5" would make a good target (THAT's animalistic behaviour ! lol)
Obviously violence is not the correct response but then again ...Trump !

I hope I don't come across as being sympathetic to anyone that abuses girls, I sure don't mean to, but everything has a reason and knowing what it is makes it easier to understand.

Understand, not forgive or forget.

And Schrödinger ? Well, let's also not forget what he did to all those cats ... what, you think he did that experiment only once ?

Anonymous said...

> I hope I don't come across as being sympathetic to anyone that abuses
girls

You fail.