Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Work from Home



Yeah, that's about how it is, except as a contract worker, I don't have to do zoom meetings or deal with trackers. I just get the work done that I'm supposed to do. Those of you who were sent home by the pandemic to work remotely have to deal with middle management whose sole responsibility is to make sure other people are working. The pandemic revealed that middle management is mostly unnecessary because the work either gets done or it doesn't get done, and they pay workers or they don't pay workers to do it. This graph is from Matt Shirley.

2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

You don't have middle management harassing you.
As a contract worker you have the flexibility to make your own schedule.
You have the freedom to choose if you want to work or starve.

Miss Cellania said...

Yep, no benefits, no days off, no insurance, no withholding. I have never met nor spoken to my boss, although we email every few months. My taxes are a true hassle. But I had the flexibilty to raise my kids as a single parent and take care of my mom when she needed me.