Friday, January 28, 2022

Three Cats



This right here is the reason I use a mass-produced machine-washable comforter instead of my beautiful antique bedspreads or my ancestors' handmade quilts. Look at all that cat hair! Because of the weird history of my house, the bedroom and my adjacent office stay plenty warm even when I set the thermostat at 60 degrees. Marshmallow will only get in the bed when there are no other cats there, but she loves the window table right over the heat vent. The view from there is nice, too. Apollo and Tommy stay in my bed most of the winter. Gatita will even come aboard occasionally.

2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Given a choice between a hard piece of wood or a soft bed there seems to be higher priorities in the decision tree than what we think would be more comfortable. Maybe when they choose the bed it’s not because it’s comfy soft but because it’s warmer or even sinking in give them a little of that cardboard box security feeling. Or maybe they’re nuts, but it's likely we're nuts.

Bev said...

LOve this pic! Clearly a happy and loving home.