Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Can You Change Your Sleep Schedule?



My sleep habits are very consistent. I crash quickly at 11 PM and at 2 PM. Seriously, I can tell what time it is by how my brain feels. That 2 PM part makes it hard to think about getting a real job, but it helps me skip the hottest part of the day in summer. Meanwhile, I have a hard time staying in bed past 4AM. There was a time when I could work way into the wee hours of the morning, but I probably didn't get enough sleep overall. Can we change our natural sleep schedules? We have to, to accommodate jobs. This TED-Ed lesson explains circadian rhythms and what we can do about them.  

1 comment:

chich said...

I'm an avowed night owl. Go to bed around 0100-0200 and up around 0900 or so. I also usually wake for an hour around 5ish. However, I'm on some meds for the last month that has tossed that all in the bin. I can lay down and sleep just about anytime. I'm constantly tired. Hoping I'm not on these too long.