Sunday, September 17, 2023

5784



The Jewish high holidays wouldn't be the same without a new song from a cappella group Six13. Rosh Hashanah, the new year celebration, began Friday evening and will continue through sunset tonight. By the Hebrew calendar, we have reached the year 5784. The guys in Six13 have been waiting years to bring you this song, a Rosh Hashanah anthem based on the 1970 Chicago song "25 or 6 to 4." The time has finally come. Honestly, they've probably been working on this recording for years, with its many-layered voice orchestra. No instruments were used; even the drums are voices. The lyrics are at the YouTube page, although you will have to click "more" to see them. They make more sense than the original lyrics. L'Shanah Tovah!

2 comments:

WilliamRocket said...

I haven't really studied the bibles of old, but in those fantasy realms, weren't the Hebrews the ones that invented Jesus and the Christian god ?

If so, surely they would know when the walking without getting his sandals wet thing happened, so is it so that we are not really in the year 2023 but 5751 ?

Maybe Julias Caesar and his 'chronies' changed the time to suit themselves, lol.

Perhaps all my formative years being forced to attend a Catholic school caused a rebellion of intelligence and logic and now I am unable to think of the bible in any other way than to compare it to Harry Potter ... with Harry Potter coming out as more believable.

Strike me down if I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this and I'm not even Jewish. It's a really great performance. I love a capella.