Friday, April 12, 2024

Miss Cellania's Links

The solar maximum makes for some stunning images of the aurora australis in Antarctica. (via Metafilter

Happier, more connected neighborhoods start right in the front yard.

Check Out One Of The Greatest Rear Seats Of All Time And Some Of The Very Worst. Designed as an afterthought, some don't make any sense at all.  

A drink now may impact you more than it would years ago. Here’s why that’s a problem. (via Fark)

Dill Pickles are Having a Moment.

Discovering Van Gogh in the wild: scientists unveil a new gecko species. It looks like nature's version of Starry Night. (via Bored Panda)

Where Child Marriage Is Still Legal In The US, Mapped.

11 of the Most Unique Playgrounds in the U.S.

Leopold and Loeb, 100 Years After. On the crime of the century and the rise of the nonfiction novel (via Damn Interesting)

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Interesting article about Leopold and Loeb.

gwdMaine said...

My tolerance for alcohol is way higher than my tolerance for people and while it may be my worst enemy, the Bible says love your enemy. Also note that while many people may be dying because of alcohol, no one's talking about how many are born because of it.

Happy Friday Miss C! It's the beginning of my liver's work week.

Miss Cellania said...

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!

chich said...

Dill pickles are a pimple on the butt of the universe. I can go to a restaurant, tell them I *hate* dill pickles and specify I do not want a dill pickle anywhere near my plate and 7 out of 10 times I will have not just any pickle but the sloppiest ooziest pickle they can find. And - not only was it put on the plate, but left to sit for a minute or three to allow all that pickle piss to completely soak into my clubhouse.

WTM said...

The Alfred Hitchcock film, 'Rope', was based on the crime of Leopold and Loeb.

Bruce said...

1962 Chevy Impala had the best backseat. Very roomy and you and your date could lay down and stretch out.