Monday, November 20, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

See All the 2023 Miss Universe Pageant National Costumes.

Yes, You Can Put Your Christmas Decorations Up Now—and Should, According to Psychologists.

Long Before the First Thanksgiving, an Artificial Island in Florida Hosted a Cross-Cultural Feast.  https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/thanksgiving-calusa-mound-key-florida    

I’m An Insurance Adjuster And I’m Going To Total Your Car (And Hate Doing It). (via Metafilter)

 I’d Knit That: Kendall Ross’s Knitted Wearable Artworks

31 Eyebrow-Arching Facts About Video Games.

Terrified feral cat learns to cuddle with his new very patient human.

Godzilla reigns eternal thanks to years of tiny design changes. (via Digg)

Hampshire villagers bring street’s apostrophe catastrophe to a full stop. St Mary’s Terrace in Twyford has regained its lost punctuation after a row that even drew in local author Jane Austen. (via Metafilter)




4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those national costumes are always so, SO tacky!

Anonymous said...

People who put up decorations for one holiday before the current one has even begun, likely cannot live in the present and are continually "contentment searching".

Or else they're just perverts.

gwdMaine said...

Great post on the Insurance Adjuster and totally get it. I'm hoping my current car is my last, don't ever want to car shop again, and have had it with all the bells and whistles. I'm an old fart and accept that my cognitive abilities aren't what they once were. Car manufacturers don't understand this and there's too much crap competing for your attention in most modern cars. I need almost none of it to drive safely on my own.

xoxoxoBruce said...

El Salvador, WTF? That must be the backpiece viewed from the backside.

Unfortunately I'm well aware of the insurance adjusted game. I had a minor mishap and told the rollback driver to take it to a body shop I'd used before. The insurance company and body shop got into a pissing match over 2 or 3 days storage charge so they totaled it.
I replaced it with a Chevy truck they only made 26,000 of in 4 years then scrapped a warehouse full of spare parts for a write off. So now any fender bender with these trucks they get totaled because the new parts aren't available and the insurance company won't approve junk yard parts, not even sheet metal.

Punctuation should be correct on birth and death paperwork. Everything else is moot.
It's very rare a business or street sign can't be deciphered except by (ex)teachers and trolls. Not to mention the 6 or 8 versions of English.
Everything is figureoutable.