Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Miss Cellania's Links

I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I hope it will bring some other people some joy the way it does me. (via Digg)

An Introduction to Tactile Paving. Those bumps in the sidewalk are designed to help visually impaired people know what's ahead. (via Bored Panda)

How Trump really dealt with Russia's bounty on US soldiers. The latest from Tom the Dancing Bug.

Fat bear champ returns with a major transformation.

Whale Sharks Have Eyeballs Covered in Tiny Teeth.

Mickey Mouse Proves You Can’t Erase the Racism of Blackface.

Twitter Users Share Their Childhood Beliefs About Things That They Thought Were Indicators Of Being Rich.

I’m Starting to Feel the Pain. Antoine d'Agata's use of thermal imaging technology allows him to visualise the 'essence of humanity' in his documentation of France's streets and hospitals at the peak of COVID-19's ravages (via Everlasting Blort)

A blast from the past (2010, but republished most years): Happy Canada Day! What Exactly Is Canada Day?

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That Carl Reiner story is great! And Happy Canada Day!

gwdMaine said...

Off topic, but just curious - Batman vs. Spider-man:
what theme song do you like best?

Batman vs. Spiderman

Miss Cellania said...

In this case, I'd have to vote for Spidey, because I know Brian Kidd from way back.

Anonymous said...

I saw that Twitter link on "what did you think was rich when you were a kid". It left me feeling very grateful. Some examples:

"having running water, not having to haul it from the river"
"having indoor plumbing"
"getting a TV set"
"having more than one pair of shoes"
"having heating in the house"

It was rather humbling. A