Sunday, April 22, 2012

The New Job

A regular walked into a bar and said, “Bartender, one round for everyone, on me!”

The bartender replied, “Wow! You’re in a really good mood tonight!”

 ”Indeed!” the man said. “I just got hired by the city to go around and remove all the money from the parking meters. I start tomorrow!”   The bartender congratulated the man and proceeded to pour a round for everyone.

The next night, the same man walked back in. “Bartender, another round for everyone, on me!” he said.

As the bartender was pouring the drinks, he said, “If you’re this happy about your new job, I can just imagine how happy you’ll be when you get your first paycheck!”

The man went wide-eyed, grinned from ear to ear, pulled out a handful of quarters from his pocket and said, “You mean they pay me too?”

(via Bits and Pieces)

No comments: