Wednesday, August 05, 2026

The Monster That Challenged The World



The 1957 movie The Monster That Challenged The World actually got decent reviews, although that may have been in comparison with other B movies of the era. It's set at the Salton Sea in California, which is a toxic wasteland now but in the 1950s was a resort area. It sits on the San Andreas Fault, and an earthquake releases prehistoric giant mollusks that kill and leave the sea looking for more prey. (Thanks, WTM!) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Rogers gets a call from Commander Twillinger. But Hans Conried, who plays Dr. Rogers was Dr. Terwilliger in /The 5,000 Fingers of Doctor T!/ Just before, or just after, the turn of the century I corresponded with a man who was writing a book about /The 5,000 Fingers of Doctor T/, who sent me a DVD of the movie with the songs that were cut from the theater version restored, with like a slideshow of stills over them. I so wish I still had it. I don't know what happened to it.

Marco McClean said...

Sorry, I forgot to put my name on. Miss, if you or any of your readers has a line on the DVD I mentioned, please let me know.