Rock breaks scissors, scissors cut paper, and paper covers rock. When I was a kid, I favored using a rock most of the time, because in my childhood logic the rock at least never got destroyed. I wasn't very good at the game. The game you know and love originated in Japan, although it was a variation on a more ancient Chinese game. The Japanese relabeled the objects and gestures into something that could be understood globally. The game made it's way around the world, but didn't become all that popular in the US until only around a hundred years ago.
The history of the game only takes about three minutes of this video. Then we get some strategy for raising your odds of winning. These techniques require serious calculations and practice, but came about because rock, paper, scissors has become a serious tournament competition. People will turn anything into a serious competition.
Saturday, August 22, 2026
About Rock, Paper, Scissors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment