Friday, August 07, 2026

Miss Cellania's Links

For decades, workers at a nuclear facility in Kentucky were exposed to dangerous levels of radiation. Management assured them nothing was wrong. Then four friends risked everything to reveal the truth. (via Damn Interesting

Should you wash your prewashed lettuce? An infectious disease expert explains how to eat your greens safely during the cyclospora outbreak. 

FAQ: Potato Salad. (via Nag on the Lake

An AI-supervised remote exam went so badly that 58,000 students must retake it. Saving money on human proctors is costing them big time. (via Fark) 

Drunk referee is escorted off the soccer field. He's seriously suffering from diagonal gravity. 

The Top-Secret Truth about Trump and the Reflecting Pool. The latest from Tom the Dancing Bug. 

One For Your Bucket List: The Moist Towelette Museum

Is "Are We There Yet?" Worth it? The Big Impact of Childhood Road Trips. 

White parents who tell their kids that race doesn’t matter are ignoring the long shadow of racism. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very difficult to put yourself in another person's shoes. I haven't any idea what it is to be black, or an immigrant (authorized or not), or a man. But I can tell you that as a closeted lesbian (partially in denial, partially because of society) in the 1980s and 90s, at least I could pretend I didn't belong to a maligned group of people. I saw the hardships finding jobs and housing, even family and friends, for anyone who was "out."

gwdMaine said...

Potato salad is one of those religious things in this country. My version: Mayo, vinegar, eggs, onion, mustard powder. Things that make it inedible: Salad dressing, mustard, relish, peas, pretty much anything else. Exceptions: I'll allow for one (1) crunchy vegetable such as green pepper or celery. Paprika is acceptable because it makes it look pretty and fits one's overall perception of potato salad. But not smoked paprika. That's an awesome version that enhances a lot of things way better than the regular stuff. Could be a bit overwhelming in a potato salad though.

Happy Friday Miss C!