Thursday, August 06, 2026

Belgian Whistles



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waffles, you idiots. All the Belgian Waffles.

KevinG said...

You're both wrong. It's Bells & Waffles!

WilliamRocket said...

Belgian Whistles are whistles made of Belgian chocolate
They are expensive because, duh, they are pretty much single use

WilliamRocket said...

I read, and recently, reading American writing fiction, I have come across 'belts and suspenders' and that threw me for a bit.
Different countires have different ... idioms, is that the word ?
Belts and suspenders, hope I got that right.
Years ago when I was living in New Zealand, if you, say, lost a couple of games of pool, you would be gently mocked by your friends saying you had done a 'down trou'.
Guessing that meant something like losing your trousers, or pants they're called maybe where you are (so countries pants means knickers, one has to adjust to the local lingo)
Pool is sort of like snooker, the way Nascar is sort of like actual racing cars.
Suppose the original Belgian Whistles came from some hurdy gurdy type concoction of a colourful musical instrument on wheels driven and played by a jester costumed fellow.