Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sheets



I thought this was a little silly, since it only takes a second to figure out after placing one corner. But then I recalled my mother teaching me that you always place the opposite corners first or the bottom sheet will be hard to fit. Eventually I figured out that was nonsense. Then much later, I realized it was because my parents always bought the very cheapest sheets available. I taught my daughters to go with cheap dishes when you need to, but always spend as much as you can on quality bed linens. Good sleep is worth the expense.  (Thanks, WTM!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If one has a king bed, it is much harder to tell side from end.

Anonymous said...

This is why Elvis had a round, rotating bed in the Boom Boom Room.

Marco McClean said...

If the sheet or blanket doesn't have a tag on a short side near the corner I put a big safety pin there and and always start there at the foot of the bed. That's when I'm at Juanita's. In my own place I don't remember the last time I changed the bedding. It's cold at night there most of the year; I sleep in socks, pyjama pants and a sweatshirt, and wash those.

Miss Cellania said...

I am sure Juanita appreciates your efforts.

Dave T. said...

For king sheets, the tag in the fitted sheet goes at the head right of the bed or the left foot.

Miss Cellania said...

I find that quality sheets fit well on a quality mattress. But my real problem was getting a 21st-century mattress to fit on a 19th-century bed frame. That's a tight fit, and it's why my sheets never come loose from the head or foot once I've wrestled them in place.