Friday, August 12, 2022

Miss Cellania's Links

Serena Williams is retiring. "I don’t think it’s fair. If I were a guy, I wouldn’t be writing this because I’d be out there playing and winning while my wife was doing the physical labor of expanding our family."

What Does It Mean to be Human?

How to Make the Most of the Time You Have Left. Learn from an end-of-life doula.

Mom won't let her go to the pub!

Funeral Brawl Leads to Injury, Arrest. The people involved were not named, but the narrative resembles a Three Stooges script. (via Fark)

How Spider-Man Inspired the Ankle Monitor.

Make My Drive Fun gives you new places to explore on your next road trip. (via Nag on the Lake

An introduction to the plant Azorella compacta by a particularly potty-mouthed botanist

Robot Assembles IKEA Chair. I bet they didn't teach it to lose a part or argue about it.  

Which Fast Food Outlets are the Fastest?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let her go to the pub.

mIKES said...

Joey Santore a.k.a. Crime Pays But Botany Doesn't is a self taught botanist and is whip smart. I've been following him for a few years now, and the things I have learned. He speaks my language!

gwdMaine said...

Human Beings get rich as they grow old:
Silver in hair; gold in teeth; sugar in blood; precious stones in kidneys; and a never ending supply of gas.

Speaking of gas, did you know a human fart can be louder than a trombone? Yeah, unfortunately I learned that at my kid's school concert.

Happy Friday Miss C!

Miss Cellania said...

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to lower the toilet seat. I'm willing to take the garbage out. But I am not going to get pregnant so my wife can keep working.