Friday, June 10, 2022

Miss Cellania's Links

The Epic Saga of the Stuck Bowls.

40 Pet Owners Share The Most Ridiculous Reason They Had To Bring Their Pet To The Vet.

Try to Find the Hidden Tiger

Grasshopper Species Thrives Despite Giving Up Sex. (via Real Clear Science

15 Epic Vehicle Breakdowns. (via Digg)

Keeping schools safe from guns with a few modifications! The latest from Tom the Dancing Bug.

The Truth About House Hunting and Home Renovation TV Shows.
 
Orangutan "Explains" Zoo Rules to Social Media Influencer.

7 Home Improvement Projects You Can Do for Under $1000. Some of them are way under, because it's all about getting the most bang for your buck. 

Comic of the Day: A Bear's Life.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ban assault weapons, raise the age for purchase, pass stricter red flag laws, limit mag capacity, I am fine with all of that and more. However, the tragedy in Texas could have had a completely different outcome if one door was properly secured.

I am a retired teacher. The last 10 or so years of my career I worked in a building that had modifications to keep entry and exit secure. The building was over 40 years old. The modifications were completed during summer break. None of the students, parents, or staff complained that it felt like a prison. The only change that most people even noticed was the single entry "air-lock" doors.

Changing laws to restrict access to guns is fine. Why can't we also change laws to keep school buildings safe? Courthouses, city halls, federal buildings, the Capitol and the Supreme Court, even my local MVA office has more security than many school buildings filled with kids. None of those buildings feel like prisons.

Anonymous said...

The best $1000 I ever spent on my house was insulation. I did it myself for about $1000, and the next winter, my heating bill was about $1000 lower. It's been 20 odd years and I've made my money back many times all while helping the environment.

xoxoxoBruce said...

Ladies, ladies, you're not grasshoppers, you're better than that.
Don't fall for that Aussie green-o balderdash.
You miss the fun annnnd pay yourself child support.

Bill said...

please stop linking through insatgram. I don't want to join.

gwdMaine said...

This little piggy went to the zoo.
This little piggy was almost roast beef.
This little piggy went wee wee wee like a racehorse.
This little piggy went poopie pants, all the way home.

Belated Happy Friday Miss C.

Miss Cellania said...

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!