Saturday, August 22, 2026

It's Cancer

If you are convinced it's cancer, why wouldn't you go to the doctor? Any symptom can mean cancer, but the odds are that it's something else. Either way, you could easily find out what you can do about it by talking to someone who really knows. This is from The Awkward Yeti.

4 comments:

Bicycle Bill said...

Is there anyone worse that someone who looked something up on the internet and suddenly they think they know it all, especially when it comes to medical issues?   It's the modern-day version of the person who read all of the "I Am Joe's Body" articles in Reader's Digest and now figures they're qualified to be on staff at the Mayo Clinic.

-"BB"-

0-"BB"-

gwdMaine said...

WebMD is like one of those choose your own adventure books where the ending is always death.

Miss Cellania said...

You're right there! A few years ago, when I got my first blood panel done after 50 years of not having insurance, I looked up all the results in red, and the answers ranged from "terminal organ failure" to "you're not eating right." I started eating better, and changed all those numbers within a year.

gwdMaine said...

Good thing not also into astrology, otherwise everyone would be a Cancer.