Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Halloween Party




Any excuse for a party; Halloween is no exception. Even adults get to dress like something they’re not and act like fools, uh, I mean ghouls. No party at my house, since I’d have to do things like actually clean it up and cook and stuff. But if you’re going to have one, I can help plan it!



Can’t have a good party without proper food, and lots of it. I found a website with recipes for such delicacies as boogers on a stick, fried bugs, and swamp water punch featuring the floating arm of death. Here’s another, specifically for Halloween, with recipes like the Eerie Eyeballs (pictured here), and Decayed Corpse Chips with Entrail Salsa. Or you might try this collection of recipes called Squishy Things.

I took the test to see what Halloween food I most resemble:

HASH(0x922d114)
You are a caramel apple! You are sweet on the
outside, but a little hard in the middle.


What Halloween Food are You?
brought to you by Quizilla



You must have the proper decorations. Here are some you can make, inspired by Walt Disney World’s Haunted Mansion (Thanks, Kirby!) Haunted Memories sells portraits, such as this one, that change... is that creepy or what? You must see their gallery.

And check out this great decoration: Head in a Jar.

There are compilations of cheesy Halloween music available for your party, often very cheaply in the Halloween decorations section of your local store. But if you want true eerie ambience, here is a soundtrack you can download for your haunted house or Halloween party, or even to scare kids when come asking for candy. 7 minute and 33 minute versions available.


For kids, you may need some activities to work off that sugar overdose. Here are some lame Halloween jokes to tell then. Or you could sing some Halloween carols. I found a couple of online games, like Halloween Hangman and this Mystery Game, which I don’t understand, but I like the way it looks. For adults, amaze your guests with some Halloween trivia.


SCARY SCARY STORY

A cabbie picks up a Nun.

She gets into the cab and the cab driver won't stop staring at her. She asks him why he is staring. He replies: "I have a question to ask you, but I don't want to offend you".

She answers, " My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have,you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic." The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes!, I'm single and Catholic!"

"OK" the nun says. "Pull into the next alley." The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush. But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.

"My dear child," said the nun, why are you crying?"

"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied. I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."

The nun says, "That's OK, my name is Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party."
(Thanks, Eva!)



Thought for today: A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
-Groucho Marx

Search

2 comments:

Kirby said...

So. You've been reading boingboing again!

I had no idea Corey (of boingboing would put a picture of Patrick's (of doombuggyproductions) kid on boingboing and I immediately wrote Patrick to apologize.

He loved the publicity.

Speaking of Patrick, he guest hosted one of my favorite podcasts - Window to the Magic - episode 13. Get it here
http://pbarrie.libsyn.com/
I was listening to this in the car the other day and was startled to hear one of the emails the main host, Paul, read in the podcast.

Kirby - Official Geek

Miss Cellania said...

I would never miss a day of boingboing. You have made an addict of me!