Friday, January 05, 2024

Miss Cellania's Links

The Un-Brie-Lievable History of Tyromancy. This fortune-telling practice uses cheese to predict everything from your future spouse to your next career move. (via Metafilter)

Remembering Elizabeth Martha Brown, the Convict Who Inspired Thomas Hardy’s Tess of the D’Urbervilles.

How archaeologists reconstructed the burning of Jerusalem in 586 BCE.

Accessibility features are opening up video games to people who would never have been able to enjoy them otherwise, but the path is rocky and contains unintended consequences. One of Tekken 8’s “colorblind” modes is causing migraines, vertigo, and debate.

The Death Tolls of History's Worst Pandemics. (via Digg)

Guatemala’s baby brokers: how thousands of children were stolen for adoption. (via Damn Interesting)

Here’s Why The Chevrolet Corvair Is The Best Cheap Classic Car Right Now. And these cars come with a cool story, too.

Will The Wolf Man Be Ready for Halloween 2024?

Quirky Blob Characters Comes to Life in Charming Fusion of Ceramic and Glass Sculptures.

3 comments:

gwdMaine said...

So knives don't cut the cheese, people cut the cheese (it comes from their dairy aire). I can go with that.

Side Note: If your parents used to cut the mold off a block of cheese and say "see - it's still good." I bet you're one healthy person.

2nd Side Note: I just looked up the price for a 1976 Ford Pinto. Damn. Knew I should have kept mine.

Happy Friday Miss C!

Miss Cellania said...

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!

Anonymous said...

E M Brown got a bad deal but was probably better off than if they let her go.

Corvairs are great cars, I've driven a few. One of the guys at work was a scout master and would borrow my truck for canoe/camping trips, loaning me his Corvair. My brother has a collection of them.

Love those Blob Characters, I wonder how big they are? I had to look at the blue/black guy with the bomb to realize he has a lighter in his hand.
xoxoxoBruce