Monday, March 20, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

25 Spring Equinox Recipes to Celebrate the New Season.

The Art of Ventriloquism Involves a Steep Learning Curve.

1907: The $500 Reward for a Kips Bay Kitten. Everyone and their brother tried to collect that reward. (via Strange Company

30 Ridiculous, Creepy Or Gross Real Estate Photos. 

St. Gertrude of Nivelles, the Patron Saint of Cats.

The 1970s Cow Mutilation Mystery. There was a perfectly reasonable explanation. (via Damn Interesting)

History's Last Knight in Shining Armor: The Odd Story of Josef Mencik the Knight Who Stood Up Against Nazi Germany in 1938. (via Strange Company)

The Gag Reel from the Filming of Everything Everywhere At At Once.

Prices at the supermarket keep rising. So do corporate profits.


Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like your picture of St Gertrude much better than the one I had on my blog!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your picture of St Gertrude is much better than the one I used on my blog.

xoxoxoBruce said...

St. Gertrude was born around the year 628, and died in 659 at age 33... Hmm, nice trick.
Ordained the patron saint of pussycats around 1980, not by the Vatican, but by the internet, the new Martin Luther.

The corporate profits skyrocketing is nor a surprise. Maybe 5% had genuine cost increases and had to raise prices but the other 95% just taking advantage of the publicity of supply shortages and labor costs which is weird when people are not getting raises.
I wonder if there are three brands of soap A, B, C, and everyone buys A, would B and C lower their prices? Then if nobody buys A anymore would they lower their price. But probably the same guy own all three which kills that plan. Curses foiled again.