Saturday, October 08, 2022

Name Those Tunes!



A challenge you can't resist! Or at least I couldn't. Turn your head away as each song starts and see if you can name that tune before you look at the title onscreen. Describing the Bugs Bunny scene doesn't count.  

I thought I would do better than I did. I knew some, and couldn't bring up the name of others. When composers just give their compositions numbers instead of unique names, it's hard to commit them to memory. But there were a few I don't think I've ever even heard before. I could identify the Nokia ringtone, but I didn't know it was based on an existing song. If you enjoyed that, here's round two.



I could name more of them in the second round. How did you do?


4 comments:

newton said...

Comedy pianist Vinheteiro has a number of these (mostly classical). Here's a couple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-BuRxwMSSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcm9sS94iE
and a weird one:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LhgSM0a78Ls

Bicycle Bill said...

Scored about 65%.  That what comes when your mother and maternal grandfather were both semi-professional musicians, and you've had almost ten years of piano lessons yourself.

***-"BB"-***

WilliamRocket said...

Being amazingly egocentric, I clicked on that thinking every song would be from my era, say 1970s through to maybe 2010 (when the music really died) but no ... no, no, no ... they were all from old time history when Dino Flintstone and his cronies stomped the land.

TL/DR - Stuff to entertain 110 year olds.

Anonymous said...

I did not do well.

This reminds me of a class I took in college entitled "Popular Concert Music" where we learned about music from Gregorian chants to 20th century music. For tests, the professor would play a piece of music (from a record or tape) and ask us a question, like who the composer was, the name of the piece, or what movement it was.

I did really well in that class.