Saturday, October 29, 2022

Five-year-old Plays Mozart



Alberto Cartuccia Cingolani is only five years old, but he can play pretty well! You have to wonder how much time he puts in to practice, knowing what five-year-olds are usually like. (via TYWKIWDBI

My daughter did her first piano recital at five. It was a pretty simple piece, not familiar to the audience, which went through the same sequence twice. I told her that if she made a mistake, just act like it was not a mistake, and nobody would know the difference. When the time came, I was the only one who recognized a mistake, and she went on like it was nothing. Then the second time she played through the sequence, she made the exact same mistake! The effect was that it sounded perfect. I was so proud, but the only ones who realized what happened were me and the piano teacher. Twenty years later, she and that teacher are still close.

No comments: