Friday, June 18, 2021

Maple



Musician Acoustic Trench made the internet fall in love with his dog Maple, whether she was playing instruments or just being adorable to illustrate a song. Wednesday, he said goodbye to her.

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my best friend.  Maple passed away peacefully during the night, while I held her in my arms.  We have spent every moment together for over 12 years, doing everything together.  I adopted her from a rescue shelter and the first time we met she tackled me, leaping into my arms, wagging her tail so hard and with a smiling face full of love.  We went on so many adventures together, and she was always there for me with her unconditional love through difficult times.  Music helped to soothe and comfort her, especially when she was feeling anxious during thunderstorms and fireworks so I would play for her to help calm her down.  She would lay beside me with her head in my lap and listen to the guitar until she fell asleep.  I feel so lucky to have had her in my life, the bond we shared is indescribable and my heart is aching. 
Trench says he has a lot of unreleased video of Maple and may post more in the future. You can see Maple's other videos at YouTube. (via reddit)


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A beautiful tribute for a beautiful dog!