Saturday, December 31, 2016

Year-end Lists 2016: Personal

Hope you are all having a safe and peaceful New Year holiday weekend. On a personal note, looking back at 2016 is mainly about my kids' accomplishments. Our two youngest children graduated from high school, so Mr. Cellania and I are officially empty-nesters.

It's not so easy. Daily life is easier, but we are both so used to caring for children that we've became crazy cat people. I lost my beloved cat Gogo this year, so the three younger cats are getting so much attention that they may as well be speaking English to us. Marshmallow, who is deaf and anti-social, had a hard time dealing the Gogo's absence. I did not know they were that close, but they did usually occupy the same room. Since the tom cats are always outside or sleeping, Marshmallow has started letting us pet her and sometimes she even comes into a room with humans in it.

But 2016 was about the kids. Gothgrrl and Cowgirl both graduated in May, worked all summer, then went to college. Cowgirl is on the equestrian team at a Kentucky school and racks up ribbons every weekend. Gothgrrl got a full ride at a school in Minnesota; she is majoring in nursing, and will begin a well-paying CNA job in January. Princess is living in Georgia, majoring in historic preservation, and will be a junior when school starts again next week. In 2016, she got a boyfriend, an apartment, and two jobs.

I am quite proud of all of them. I am also thankful for free long-distance cell phones and FaceTime. I rarely spoke to my parents when I was in college, but the girls can keep in touch much more easily these days.

Thanks you for coming to Miss Cellania in 2016. Your visits, shares, and comments are what keeps this blog going! Hope you have a wonderful 2017!   

7 comments:

hearsetrax said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy,Healthy,Wonder and love filled 2017


Lilylou said...

I appreciate your blog so much! Thanks for the steady stream of jokes, videos, wild news, and wisdom!

Unknown said...

I;ve been visiting yr blog for years...good job! Congrats on yr daughters' achievements.

Anonymous said...

Hello from an old friend in New Mexico from the yahoo group days.. My girls are (almost) 15 and 17...I am not sure how I will handle an empty nest.

I love your blog-it has become a part of my daily life. Keep up the good work.

My cats say hi to your cats.

Amy

stevenh said...

Peace and tranquility to you and the family.
Truly appreciated.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful update on your family! I have been reading your blog for many years and they were little girls-- just yesterday. Glad they are doing well in their endeavors.
Wishing you a wonderful 2017.
Thank you for informing and entertaining us through the years.
DP

gwdMaine said...

Happy New Year Miss C - and Thank You. Good job with your girls - looks like they'll do fine. Looking forward to another great year of Miss Cellania!