Thursday, April 29, 2021

Childbirth vs Getting Kicked in the Balls



Pain is subjective, and so far we haven't found anyone who's experienced both these things, but you can find a lot of women who have experienced both childbirth and kidney stones and men who've have both kidney stones and a nutshot. Women say childbirth is about equivalent to kidney stones, and men say a nutshot is a piece of cake compared to kidney stones. I once asked my mother which was most painful: childbirth, a spinal tap, or a root canal. I've had none of those and she's had them all. She thought a minute and said, "I don't know- I was unconscious for all of them!" (via Boing Boing)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting kicked hurts worse. If you wait awhile and ask a woman if she'd like another kid most of the time she'll say yes, while ask a man if he'd like to get kicked in the balls, none of them will say yes please.

Miss Cellania said...

This analogy came up in every discussion of this video. But the difference is that there's a payoff for childbirth: you have a child you love. For many women, that's worth the pain.

xgi93 said...

Remember when Carol Burnett described childbirth? She said if a man wants to know what it feels like, "pull your bottom lip out, then stretch it up over your head".

chich said...

I've had a few spinal taps. No pain whatsoever. I also do not take any freezing for root canals and have had several. But give me a paper cut!