Tuesday, April 30, 2024

The 9 Most Painful Things You Can Ever Experience



A long time ago, someone told me that the most painful things are a spinal tap, a root canal, and childbirth. My mother underwent all three of those, so I asked her which was the worst. She said she didn't know, since she was knocked out for all three. Anesthesia is a wonderful thing. But today my eyes have been opened, because there are a lot of exotic things out there that can cause such intense pain that you might think death is preferable. Chill Dude Explains lists nine things that are more painful than a root canal with no Novocain, and it will make you want to stay inside, away from the ocean, and far, far away from Australia.

4 comments:

chich said...

I've had two spinal taps, and four or five root canals. Did not have any pain numbing for any except my first root canal when I was young. Maybe I have a high pain threshold but root canals are not an issue. They may hurt for a bright second or two but once the drill stops the pain stops and I don't have to walk around with a numb slab of meat on the side of my face. No, I lied. I had freezing for another root canal. The dentist I had was fairly new and her hands were shaking so I let her give me some freezing for her sake.

Spinal taps I have heard can be painful but I had two and it was nothing.

Not invincible though. let me get a paper cut and there will be tears :P

Anonymous said...

I got wrapped by a jellyfish but it was a Man-O-War not that nasty Uruk Kanji. It was quite painful enough, thank you.
xoxoxoBruce

WilliamRocket said...

This is a bit like Monty Python's 'When we were children we lived in a show box'

I've had a root canal, a broken sternum, a dog die, been the loser in unfair fist fights, and been a passenger in a car rolled 7 times over a 'mountain' side (so many dark and huge bruises !)

But the worst pain I have had was from falling off a 2 metre high scaffold straight down onto my feet.

I guess it is the plantier fascia, however you spell it, but the pain from that fall, that night, from my right foot, had me, a tough and solid six foot plus man, crying like I was a baby dumped in a library's late deposit slot.

As if I'd fit !

Now I'll go and read Chill Dude's video (I know what I said) and have a compare.

WilliamRocket said...

Sorry, didn't proof read, SHOE BOX.

No lives in a show box.