Sunday, September 05, 2021

Google: Run By Machines, for Machines

Don't you just love Google AdSense? They place ads on my blog, and a couple times a year they send me a small check. Otherwise I ignore it. And every once in a while, they send a warning about some kind of violations. Like this:

In the last 24 hours:

    New violations were detected. As a result, ad serving has been restricted or disabled on pages where these violations of the AdSense Program Policies were found. To resolve the issues, you can either remove the violating content and request a review, or remove the ad code from the violating pages.
The warning does not say what kind of violations these are, what "violating content" they mean, or what pages they are referring to. The also send a few links, but none of them contain specific information, either. I know I didn't do anything, because I have not added, deleted, moved, or clicked on any ads. This happens a few times a year, and nothing ever happens, no ads disappear, and I haven't been kicked out of the program. I have no idea what they expect me to do about it, so I do nothing.  


2 comments:

Spellucci said...

It looks like you might be able to download a list of these violations: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7003627?hl=en.

Miss Cellania said...

No, none of that has any list of violations.