Monday, October 08, 2018

Columbus Day Caption Competition

I found this painting and used it as the illustration for this post at Neatorama. From the minute I saw it, it struck me as tres creepy. It needs a caption competition. Can you beat these two that I thought of?

"Hey baby, no means no, but you don't speak English!"

"So what if you're only 13? I've been a sea a loooong time!"

The painting, called Columbus and the Indian Maiden, is by Constantino Brumidi and hangs in the U.S. Senate Building. There's no prize for this contest outside of recognition. 


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, what's your sign?

Carol said...

This scarf is FABULOUS! Wherever did you find it?

Artful Dodger said...

How about a little sex before I give you Small Pox.

Craig L. said...

Let's start a tradition that will still be going strong in 226 years... by the way, are there any buildings near here I can put a big sign with my name on?

Lilylou said...

Very very creepy indeed.

Tom Shefchik said...

Hey lady, no burqas allowed in my new world!

Bruce said...

My name is Brent. What's yours? I've got some skis back on the ship. Care to join me?

xoxoxoBruce said...

Was it rape then pillage or the other way around?

Anonymous said...

Hi Juanita my name is Bill

gwdMaine said...

Mayhaps that wrong turn off the coast of Africa
will work out after all.

Nenda Kutomba said...

New World? Dude, you're late some 15,000 years!