Monday, July 22, 2024

Miss Cellania's Links

Mongolia Wins the Olympic Uniform Competition.

The 50 Worst Album Covers of All Time. In the opinion of Rolling Stone. (via Metafilter)  

Neanderthals didn't truly go extinct, but were rather absorbed into the modern human population, DNA study suggests. (via Strange Company)

Forces Outside of Our Control ...Or Even Awareness.

2,000+ Years of Dogs in Art, From Ancient Mosaics to Instagram Selfies.

10 Dos and Don'ts for Choosing the Best Front Door Color. It should be a splash of color to tell people where to come inside.

These jeans were left outside for twenty years. (via Nag on the Lake)  

IRS reports collecting $1 billion from rich households’ back taxes. For years, the tax agency simply didn’t try collecting sizable debts owed by 1,600 people with annual incomes of at least $1 million. (via Metafilter)

Doctors Pulled a 2-Pound Hairball From a Woman’s Stomach. Be warned that there is a picture of the hairball.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Mongolian Olympic outfit will be great in August at Paris as long as they stay in air conditioning.

Dogs fit in any sort of art, man’s best friend, ever hear of a dog with a divorce lawyer?

That front door color link, every time I tried to scroll down the page it would jump back to the top?

I ain’t scairt of no IRS, ‘bout time I says.

Back in the day I saw “Concentrated Stomach Acid” burn a hole in a napkin. With my own eyes, right there on TV. So I’m always surprised when I hear about hairballs in a stomach.
xoxoxoBruce

Bicycle Bill said...

Actually, Mathman, I wasn't sure I WASN'T seeing a pair of 'pre-distressed', shredded jeans as sold in stores these days.

-"BB"-

Anonymous said...

The US uniform looks like a British school uniform.