Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Ultra-Processed Foods



My doctor said I needed to stop eating processed food, so I stopped buying candy and instead kept a fruit bowl handy. I lost 15 pounds in about a month. It's really hard to cut out ultra-processed food altogether, but I no longer buy ready-to-eat meals. Instead I make my own chili, vegetable soup, marinara sauce, etc. and freeze it in single portions. I've gotten to the point now where I don't crave junk food or fast food at all. My tastes have turned away from sugar and grease so much that I even order salad in a restaurant. (via Digg)

3 comments:

chich said...

Similar here. Cut back on the junk food, except I have no willpower when it comes to chips. Guessing in part due to the fact I use very little salt? Nah, they're just crunchy goodness :)
We started ordering Hello Fresh meals. We order three meal which usually have enough left overs for a few more. A box comes once a week with the fresh ingredients and you cook them up. It has got us back in the kitchen and varied our diet. Who knew I liked Bok choy, roasted zucchini, falafel etc.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for you for giving up ultraprocessed food, Miss C! You'll feel a lot better for doing so. Most ultraprocessed food is junk nutrition.

Anonymous said...

Balderdash! The Giant Food Corporations only have your best interest at heart. After all you're their bread a butter.
They know the foods they create a best for you, their buddies over at Big Pharma and Mega Healthcare verified it.
xoxoxoBruce