Thursday, May 30, 2024

Miss Cellania's Links

2 knights, 1 horse − how a legendary Knights Templar symbol has puzzled and fascinated since the Middle Ages. 

Utopia Must Fall is an old-fashioned shoot-em-up in which you must protect your city from invading aliens, falling boulders, and bombs. (via Metafilter)

A road rage incident ends in the most delicious way.

Can Music Make Your Food Taste Better?

Brandtaucher: World’s Oldest Surviving Submarine.

Minecraft Players Celebrate 15 Years of World Building.

The Meat Anthony Bourdain Refused To Ever Eat Again. It's Hákarl, Iceland's fermented shark.

Plate Tectonics Has a Surprise Silver Lining. Without this restless geologic process, which triggers destructive earthquakes, Earth would not be habitable.   

Flood of Fake Science Forces Multiple Journal Closures. (via Metafilter)

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Interesting article about the knights Templar symbol.

gwdMaine said...

You know, I'm something of a scientist myself. I'm living, I occupy space, I have mass. I matter.

Anonymous said...

Yes the Templar Knights are interesting, the premise of warrior monks is odd to begin with. Hardly a surprise some people have bad mouthed them through the ages.

I loved the road rage, caught me off guard when you said ends in a most delicious way. I was expecting a pie in the face or a food fight of some sort. When you use a term like delicious we fat guys start drooling like Pavlov's dog.

xoxoxoBruce