Thursday, January 12, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

What Person Has Murdered the Most People Directly By Their Own Hand, And Who Has Saved the Most Lives?  

The Security Guards Letting People Steal Food. (via Digg)

‘Y'all,’ that most Southern of Southernisms, is going mainstream – and it’s about time. Now if we can just get rid of that apostrophe, everyone would be able to spell it. (via Atlas Obscura

A Machine That Allows You Type LOL Only When You Actually Laugh Out Loud.

Oscar Mayer Needs Weinermobile Drivers. If you think you can cut the mustard. (Thanks, WTM!)

How Kate Shelley Saved a Train. The 15-year-old rose to the occasion and became a hero.

America's Most And Least Trusted Professions. You won't be surprised by who's at the bottom. (via Digg)

Some dinos may have been as brainy as modern primates, controversial study argues. (via Damn Interesting)

Meet the Designer of the Fanciful Subway Entrances to the Paris Métro. (via Pop Culturista)


5 comments:

MarkOfIowa said...

Thanks for the interesting article about Kate Shelley- it's been a while since I've read it. The original bridge was really impressive- it spanned a whole valley and crossed a river. Been up there many times-

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised RN beat out Blogger.

xoxoxoBruce said...

Kate Shelley deserved all the recognition, but I can't understand the logic in giving a gold medal to a poor person anytime. Must be frustrating to gaze at a gold medal when you can't afford food/clothing/shelter/alcohol.

So Moore says I can't invite Lola to Lollapalooza unless I hire someone to tickle me. Prostitutes won't work as they only tickle my fancy, and anyone else would probably report me to the authorities for asking.

Bicycle Bill said...

I'm tempted to 'miss' scanning one or two things every time I'm at the grocery store and am forced to use the self-serve scanners.  I mean, if I'm going to do the work instead of one of their employees, I should either get paid for it or receive an employee discount, right?

-"BB"-

Bicycle Bill said...

If one happens to be in the Boone area, take some time to ride the Boone Valley Scenic Railroad.

Another interesting side trip would be to Madrid, IA (about 20 miles south) to view the Madrid High Trestle on the High Trestle Bicycle Trail, which lets cyclists and pedestrians cross the Des Moines River valley on a specially constructed trestle (which was rebuilt on the original concrete abutments) some 130 feet above the valley floor.

-"BB"-