Monday, December 12, 2022

Miss Cellania's Links

This Brazilian Soccer Fan Went All Out.

New York Dog Swam All the Way to New Jersey. (via Boing Boing)

11 Hit Songs That Reference Great Works of Literature.

Make it a Halloween Christmas with Spooky Tree Ornaments!


New Study Shows 'Man-Children' Are Destroying Women's Sex Drives. Well, duh. (via Digg)

This Brazilian Soccer Fan Went All Out.

The first Gen Z member of Congress was denied a D.C. apartment due to a bad credit score. He had to quit his job to campaign for a House seat.

DNA that was frozen for 2 million years has been sequenced.  That doubles the previous record. 

How to Deal with a Cat at Christmas.

Hollywood’s own Dark Angel was an Indian Actress Playing the Biggest Role of her Life. Merle Oberon hid her origins in order to get roles.

7 comments:

DWVR said...

The 11 Hit Songs That Reference Literature: You don't mention Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police?

gwdMaine said...

So yeah, I'm scrolling through the hit songs list thinking they're saving Led Zeppelin for #1 because you know, Ramble On, and Misty Mountain Hop, and The Battle for Evermore, and Over the Hills and Far Away. All of these during a time when LOTR was mostly unknown. Not even a mention? So I guess LOTR is not a great work of literature, or none of the above qualify as 'hit songs'. Well, I've not heard most of the 'hit songs' on the list and I've yet to hear any Taylor Swift song (if I have, I didn't recognize it).

So not Mental Floss worthy.

Miss Cellania said...

I explain how I interpreted that article when I wrote it up for Pop Culturista.

chich said...

Seeing as how xmas is creeping into August (saw dispalys in August!) I see no reason Halloween shouldn't extend into December.

Anonymous said...

Happy President's Day everybody!

gwdMaine said...

^^
Nice try but you can't celebrate President's Day without wall-to-wall new car sales.

xoxoxoBruce said...

The dog swim from NY to Edgewater, NJ, confused me. I was thinking of Edgewater Park, NJ, across the Delaware River in Burlington County, NJ.