Thursday, October 13, 2022

The 7 Weirdest Things I've Seen in America


 

Laurence Brown of Lost in the Pond ranked the top seven weird things he's seen in America. If you are American, you probably don't think of these things as weird, but that's just because they happen here. Don't people in other countries cry at work? I've seen enough videos of foxes in British queues to know that they aren't strangers to urban wildlife. And some British towns have themes, too. I think. What do pigs eat? Anything at all. And that's why half the world won't eat them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The town of Metropolis, IL, is Superman crazy because the person how invented Superman is from there. The town is just trying to attract tourists.

Crying at work? I think I have only seen/heard one or two people crying at work over the decades I have worked.

I don't think some do not eat pork because of what they eat but for religious reasons (their religions forbid eating pork).

Chicago has many wild-type animals besides birds: coyotes, deer, and snakes. Illinois--known as the Prairie State--has forest preserves (I caught the irony when I moved here natives seemed to miss the irony). These forest preserves are state-wide but controlled at the county level (for the most part). Chicago has many forest preserves, so that is where wild animals live. Coyotes are highly adaptable and live near humans.

xoxoxoBruce said...

He may have smoked dope, chewed rope, danced, French romanced, f**ked, farted, fought, shot the moon and drove big trucks. Or been to Janesville, Maine, Spain, Spokane, and Fort Wayne, seen three world fairs, been around the world twice, looked danger in the face, and seen goats f**k in the marketplace, but he ain't never seen half the shit that the USA has to amuse.

Anonymous said...

Oreos. The only pig race I ever attended had a pan full of Oreos to reward the participants.

Anonymous said...

If he stays long enough, we'll show him the really weird stuff.