Monday, July 11, 2022

Cat Craves Showers



Every cat has some idiosyncrasy that makes them special. It may be something that goes completely against everything we know about cats. Most cats hate taking a bath or getting water on their fur at all. Then there's Pym, who began taking showers with her human Katie when she was just a kitten. But Pym never grew out of it, and even looks forward to shower time! Katie did some experiments to see what it was about the shower that the cat liked. Pym doesn't care for a dip in the pool, nor does she enjoy outdoor showers. I took that as a clue that she probably craves the heat of an indoor shower, where the water is usually quite warm. Further evidence is that Pym doesn't like to be towel-dried, but she does like to wear her bathrobe. Yes, she has her own bathrobe.

1 comment:

newton said...

I had a 'water' cat. I think it was a Turkish Angora, which, like the Turkish Van, is often known to like being in the water.

I would often get the scare of my life when I'd take a shower in the tub/shower, early in the morning, then turn around a see a cat sitting in the other end. I'd shout out in fright--you don't expect to see an animal sitting in your shower when you turn around--then my cat would look up at me and meow.

The neighbors would be amazed when our son was in a baby pool, then the cat would get in and walk around with the water up to its chin.

I miss that cat very much!