Tuesday, June 04, 2019

The Steepest Street In The World



The Guinness World Record for the steepest street in the world is Baldwin Street in Dunedin, New Zealand. And ever since the designation was bestowed, the residents have had to put up with tourists. Living in a town that is draped over the Appalachian foothills, Baldwin Street doesn't seem all that steep to me, but Guinness has its standards for such things. Anyway, if another place wanted to challenge the record, Dunedin probably wouldn't put up much of a fight. Tom Scott visits Baldwin Street and gives us the story. -via Digg

3 comments:

Dave T. said...

My wife hails from the hollers of Roane county, and I've never been as terrified as I was when she took me on a tour of her state. Y'all nuts West Virginia, but I love ya all the same!

xoxoxoBruce said...

"Appalachian foothills"? In New Zealand? Really? Google says they can't find them.

Miss Cellania said...

Okay, the implied but missing part is "From my perspective of living in a town draped over the Appalachian foothills (in America), this Baldwin Street doesn't seem all that steep to me."