Monday, May 01, 2023

Batman: The Ride



Now that they’re coming up with completely new ways to terrify us and make us sick, I’m kind of glad that I gave up roller coasters years ago. This is to introduce you to the Batman ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. Sure, it’s a roller coaster, but one of those newfangled ones that can travel both above and below the rails, depending on the angle. Not only that, but each seating unit swivels on its axis! How does it work? Magnets. That's a big nope for me. See it from all points of view: the riders’ faces, the riders’ POV, and long shots that are the scariest, because you see what’s really happening. Oh, and if you have long hair, you might want to pack an elastic to keep it in place. (via Geekologie)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six Flags Astroworld in Houston had one of these before it closed and it was extremely uncomfortable to ride. My problem was that the seat could not be adjusted sufficiently for height the rider and I am long-waisted. So my spine was compressed the whole time and it took days to recover. Plus waiting an hour for a 5-minute ride just wasn't worth it.

xoxoxoBruce said...

No thank you... Nope... Not going to happen.
I can think of much more pleasant ways to abuse myself.

Bicycle Bill said...

So you're saying you're into self-abuse? ;^)

(sorry, I couldn't resist....)

-"BB"-