Friday, May 26, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

Supernova SN 2023ixf to be Livestreamed Friday. But is it "livestreaming" if the event happened 21 million years ago?

In a Sheep to Shawl competition, you have 5 people, 1 sheep, and 3 hours — good luck! (via Boing Boing)

The 40 Best TV Finales of the 21st Century, Ranked. 

What do I do if I don't like a book at the library? A handy step-by-step guide. (via Kottke

What’s Earth’s oldest animal? DNA study crowns new winner. (via Damn Interesting)

Firefighters Rescue Kitten From a Bridge Construction Hole.

7 Tips for Growing a Native Plant Garden.

Four Times Breakfast Cereal Invaded the World of Physics.

The ten finalists for the Best Illusion of the Year Contest have been selected. You can vote for your favorite. (via Boing Boing)


9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for the exhaustive guide about how to deal with library books you don't like!

gwdMaine said...

What do you do if you don't like the links on Miss Cellania?

Step 1: Refresh your browser. There's always something new popping up.

Happy Friday Miss C! Hope you have a good weekend.

Miss Cellania said...

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!

chich said...

Live stream of the supernova. Everything we see is in the past. May only be nano seconds for the light to reach our eyes and be processed in our brains but when we look at anything, it has already happened.

Bicycle Bill said...

That's pretty deep for a Friday, chich.

-"BB"-

xoxoxoBruce said...

I've got a telescope but it's so much work to set up to see that supernova then put it back pointing at my neighbors bedroom window it doesn't seem worthwhile.

I saw three teams compete in a sheep to shawl at the PA state fair. I though it would be like watching paint dry but I was dead wrong, it was interesting to watch and the time goes pretty quickly. Looking for a less greasy sheep Why couldn't they shampoo the sheep before going to the competition?

The 40 best finales? 39 of those shows I never saw even one episode. Quite a few I've never heard of. Yes, it's quiet in the convent. LoL

Miss Cellania said...

Letterman, right? That's the one I was familiar with.

xoxoxoBruce said...

Oops, I forgot Letterman. The Sopranos and Letterman makes two out of 40.
See, I'm well rounded... well round anyway.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the guide dealing with library books you don't like ... I will most certainly be passing it on.

As for growing a native plant garden may I suggest an additional step ... If you have a neighbor who thinks a yard should look like a putting green be prepared for for some hate and discontent ... and maybe so rogue herbicide.