Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Miss South Carolina Roundup
No doubt by now you’ve seen the video of Lauren Upton trying to explain why some Americans can’t read a map at the Miss Teen USA pageant. I posted it here, along with my reaction. Millions of people saw that. Millions. Tuesday, she went on the Today Show to try and pull her reputation out of the can. Millions more saw that. But the internet is always thirsting for something new, so the responses and parodies are flying.
1. A little explanation from Miss West Carolina.
2. Her parents were so proud!
3. A look at what’s going on inside.
4. Lauren calls 911.
5. Someone was kind enough to make her a tube map.
6. Mo Rocca challenged his readers to unscramble her words and try to make them sensible.
7. Jimmy Kimmel explains what she said.
8. People Magazine presents the Miss S.C. Teen USA's Geography Pop Quiz. See, she's already gotten a job out of this business!
9. Maps for Us is a blog where you can donate maps for Americans who don't have maps.
10. Get the t-shirt. Or this one. Or this one.