Friday, August 28, 2026

Miss Cellania's Links

Kitten Rescued from Excavator; Gets Hired by Crew. 

A Society That Runs on Stimulants is Badly Broken. Around the world, people are pumping themselves full of caffeine, amphetamines, and other performance-enhancing drugs just to survive their working hours. This isn’t sustainable. (via Metafilter

Trump’s war on Iran is rapidly draining US navy budget, documents and interviews reveal. (via Fark

Cats have it all figured out

The Prehistoric Paintings on the Walls of Caves Have Always Been Moving. But With the Right Kind of Light, Some Actually Seem to Move. 

The Most Dangerous Diagnosis in a Heat Wave. People with schizophrenia face a perfect storm of dangers on a hotter planet. (via Damn Interesting

21 Lesser Known Meanings and Backstories of 80s Pop and Rock Song Lyrics. I thought everyone knows these stories, but I'm probably wrong. 

Breakthrough drug nearly doubles survival with advanced pancreatic cancer – an oncologist explains how daraxonrasib overcame an ‘undruggable’ disease. 

2 comments:

gwdMaine said...

Maybe the problem isn't that you need more stimulants, maybe the problem is that you require a central nervous system stimulant to robotically sustain a constant work output so that you can conform to current standards of labor and maintain profitability to The Man. No, I'm retired so that's not it. Did somebody say drugs because I could sure use some.

Happy Friday Miss C!

Miss Cellania said...

Happy Friday, gwdMaine!