Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Miss Cellania's Links

Universal Health Coverage Could Save $1 Trillion and 114,000 Lives Every Year, Yale Study Projects. (via Fark

Valonia ventricosa: The Giant Single-Celled Organism (Also Known as The Sailor’s Eyeball). 

Knocked it down real good! (via Everlasting Blort

How is deli meat made? The food science behind the turkey, ham and other cold cuts in your lunch. (via Geeks Are Sexy

What if America Went Completely Dark? Our electrical grid is vulnerable to attack by pretty much anyone. (via Metafilter

The comic strip that may have cast Sean Connery as the first James Bond

Why This Traffic Light Only Turns Green Once Per Year. (via Fark

A Blast from the Past (2007): Life Before Air Conditioning

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That "knocked it down" video was oddly satisfying to watch.

DJ Psychomike said...

We have the wrong question about health care. The top issue is the fact our hospitals were overwhelmingly built for childbirth to match the needs of boomers, but now they are dying off and our hospitals are not built for the boomers dying off.

Squirrel Ellie said...

Miss Cellania... for years I have lamented the hole that Mental Floss's Morning Cup of Links left in my life. I genuinely had no idea you were still doing them and I'm not exaggerating when I say that finding your blog today has brought tears to my eyes. Time to fire up the old RSS reader and bring joy back to my mornings. Thank you.

Miss Cellania said...

Welcome, Squirrel Ellie! It's been eight years since I worked at Mental Floss. I don't have a links list every day, only about three times a week. The good part is that there are no sponsored links in this version.

Anonymous said...

Same here. I found so many interesting links from the old Neatorama, including this one.